Friday, February 22, 2013

when things sneak up...

i was looking for a pic when i stumbled upon this.

this was the last photo that i took of maxfield parrish before i had no choice but to release him from our world. it's a sad and profound photo for me, and it caught me off guard.

he was a graceful and loyal companion who never left my side even when i thought everyone and everything else had abandoned me. he watched me cocoon and emerge as someone entirely different, and yet, very much the same.

i remember holding him that last day and hoping that i had done everything i could and that i'd never let him down.

he was more than just a cat that meowed constantly, loved mozzarella cheese, and tolerated that santa hat for the christmas picture.

it's been three years and he is still more than just a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment