Thursday, November 11, 2010

the horoscope lottery...

yesterday, my horoscope told me to bury myself in my own little world, maybe with music. i took that to mean, put your earbuds in and stay low and quiet.

the writer of the horoscopes for yahoo is one of my favourite writers ever. whoever it is has a great sense of humour and doesn't write the normal horoscope drabble. this person sees me in my grey cubicle land and knows that i need a schnibbit that i can relate with and giggle over.

this person is a real person who has obviously spent time in the real world with the rat race, like the rest of us.

and before you ask, NO, i do not make my life decisions based on the horoscope. i know that i have posted previously some of the horoscopes that have really struck either my funny bone or nailed the day i was having.

i tend to think of it as a little lottery that i play a few times a week--free and fun. yesterday with the earbuds and shut-up, for instance, was dead on. i was snarky and sassy all morning. with that attitude leading my morning, reading that made me laugh and burst the dark cloud that had been hanging over my day--a lottery win!

so, let's laugh about today, because this means absolutely nothing to me. i played a dollar on the scratch off and won a dollar.

however, the whole amoeba analogy is honestly a hoot and whoever you are horoscope writer person... we should do lunch... and buy some lottery tickets.
________
If there's something you're good at, it's knowing when it's time to take a little break from the go-go-go world and spend some time turning the microscope of the mind on yourself. What do you see? Little emotions floating around like amoebas? Changing form? Merging, separating and doing their little amoeba thing? What emotions are those that you're seeing under the glass, do you think? Hmm?
_________

No comments:

Post a Comment